Saturday, April 28, 2012

Un-Birthday

We had an un-birthday party today for Liam.  Mostly it was just an excuse to have some good friends over and eat delicious food.  (I am still bitter that I made 24 empanadas for 10 adults, and I only got to eat 1.)  (I will be bitter for awhile - those were yummy yummy.)

Matt and Laura brought a gift for Liam - a set of firehouse / fire truck / fireman Duplos.  He played with those things all day... and all night too!  He played with them until 8:15pm when we finally gave up and put him in the tub...


...but not before he added his Duplos.


And then they came to story time too, and they sat on the bedside table while we read books.

Speaking of books, our friend Penny got to come for awhile today as well.  She and Laura and I had lots of fun making the empanadas - I love those Ladies!  Penny also brought a present for Liam - a hardcover collection of P.D. Eastman beginner reader books.  So far today we have read "Go, Dog, Go!"... TWICE... and "Put Me in the Zoo."

It was a good day.  An exhausting day, which resulted in all three of us passing out once people left.  And sometimes those are the BEST days.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment