Saturday, December 4, 2010

Stiff Drink

It is after midnight. To heck with the third person narrative. I'm too stinkin' tired for it. This baby is turning my hair gray...er.

We screwed up somewhere along the way. Some how we taught the baby that he is in charge of bedtime and no, he doesn't have to fall asleep by himself in his bed. How do you tell a baby it is time to lay down and go to sleep?

This separation anxiety is driving me batty. The only way he stops crying is if I'm holding him. Daddy won't do. If Daddy holds him, he cries and reaches for me until we give in. Still, he won't fall asleep for me... and it is still after midnight.

The Cry-It-Out method seems so cruel to me. It makes my skin crawl to hear him screaming like this. But is selling him to the circus more cruel? Because it is going to come down to one of those two choices.

Anyone know how to get in touch with the circus?

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how to get in touch with any circuses, but sometimes life is like a circus at our house. Do we qualify? You know our number.

    ReplyDelete