Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Wives' Club

Sometimes being a stay-at-home mom really bites.  Spending all day, every day, with a small, demanding, irrational person can really make a mama want to tear out her hair / runaway from home / do a desperate outrage to herself (name that play!)

A couple weeks ago Daddy was on travel and I had reached the end of my rope.  I needed to talk to someone - an adult someone - about... well, anything.

(We've never really had friends - you know, outside of work who are also local.  I have friends from Otis, but other than a standing Friday lunch date, we don't find the time to get together, sadly.  Where do you meet people, anyway?  It's a conundrum.)

So Daddy was out of town for a week, and I was about to lose it.  I thought of how much fun I'd had at Kenzie's bachelorette party, just hanging out with some cool Crane wives.  A couple days and several emails later, the Wives' Club began.  We've met each week since Easter.  We've watched movies, and made and shared dinner, and gone to a jewelry party, and chatted, and laughed, and...

I am thankful for my lady friends, Laura and Kenzie.

Tonight I just got back from an evening with the girls and I feel refreshed.  Recharged.  Ready to spend another day with this Kid.

Oh, and here's a bonus: while I was gone, Daddy washed dishes, put away clean clothes, and picked up toys.  He is officially The Best Husband Ever.  You are all jealous.  And if you aren't, you should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment